29 May 2012

Rural Industrial


industrial 1 (2) c industrial 2 c industrial 3 c 
The start of a new series of works – lots more pylons, cables, posts and fantastic shapes to come…

A quick note about how I paint these - I am working on black gesso either on canvas board pr sheets of primed canvas. I haphazardly paint slabs of the main colour of the cables etc with acrylic then go straight in with a medium sized brush and paint in the negative shapes with the sky colour, tree colour or whatever the background consists of. My thought process is that these ' eyesores' that usually get left out of traditional landscape paintings are part of our landscape now, they're not going anywhere. Effectively I'm painting the way we view these objects - we ignore them and fill in the gaps around them with the landscape that we see.
Deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feedback...