13 Aug 2012

Hailsham Art Group

I'm starting a new Hailsham Art Group on 17th September - initially we will meet at Gallery North and I will tutor sessions but as the group grows we'll look at additional nights at additional venues. Let me know if you are interested and want more information. Email.

Yes, you read correctly, Hailsham Art Group, or HAG for short. It could have been Art Group Hailsham with an exclamation mark on the end...

There are a few people who teach art in Hailsham: Eileen Proctor teaches watercolour at Southview (next to the Library), Veronica Van Eijke runs workshops at her studio at Longleys off Battle Road, and Anne Hunt runs watercolour classes at Gallery North, but there doesn't seem to be a Hailsham Art Group as such.
Our Arlington Art Group format seems to work well - everyone comes along when they can and does their own thing. Occasionally we have a demonstration by an artist or a workshop. But a lot of people say they don't like to come out to Arlington in the evenings or in the winter or they don't have transport and they'd rather have regular tiution... so here's my solution. HAG.

I'll start off by offering 2 sessions a week and see which is the most popular, Monday afternoon and Tuesday evening. Gallery North is a good central location with easy parking and is affordable. It does get cold in the winter though so we will either stop for the winter months or have to find an alternative location.
I will give a half hour demonstration at the start of ech session (same one on Mondays and Tuesdays) and then folk can either do their own thing or work on the demonstration subject and I'll be on hand to give advice and assistance. We'll cover a wide range of subjects and pretty much all mediums but not traditional watercolour techniques as it's not my forte and there are other watercolour classes available.

To start with I'll charge £6 per person and no membership fee - once I know if there is sufficient interest to keep a group running I can look at setting up a committee and constitution and we'll have official membership. My eventual aim would be to run tutored sessions once a week and untutored sessions once or twice a week which would not need me to attend, like the Arlington sessions, and once a month to arrange a demonstration or workshop by another professional artist.

'Angel' - commission, the cloud was client's request
The first ever HAG sessions will be Monday 17th Sept 2-4pm AND Tuesday 18th Sept 6.30-8.30pm where I will be demonstrating 'animals in chalk pastels'. Please book your place:  01323 485153 or email hailshamartgroup@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

feedback...