4 Nov 2012

The lost waterfall

.
I painted this in about 2000, my first waterfall painting - a subject I have painted many times since in various styles - using mixed media of acrylic, gouache and tissue paper on hardboard. You can see some of the original hardboard showing through the tissue paper in the sky. I have shown this piece many times, the last time I remember showing it was in a solicitor's office in Lewes during Artwave week about 2 years ago. And since then, I have no idea where it has gone. I am sure I collected it with all of the others, but I do remember it was either snowing or raining when I collected it and I had to run back and forth to the car so it is just possible I left it by the side of the road in Lewes! It's about 30 inches wide so not exactly something that can easily be missed. Maybe I did sell it and have no recollection, maybe it is on loan on a wall somewhere waiting for me to collect it. One day it will come back to me, but in the meantime, if you see it, please let me know. It's one of my favourites because it was a first and a piece that shaped much of what I have done since and I'm feeling desperately guilty that I don't know where it is. One day it will hit me, like the sudden realisation that the empty space in the car is an indication that I forgot to pick up one of the boys from school.



No comments:

Post a Comment

feedback...