20 Oct 2012

Figuratively speaking

On Monday I will be running a workshop for the Bexhill Art Society (http://bexhillart.wix.com/bexhillartsociety#!) on Figurative works in Mixed Media. This follows a demonstration I gave to Battle and District Art Group earlier in the year. One of the audience was from the Bexhill group and booked me to come along to them in October to run a workshop. This seems to happen quite often - people attend more than one art group and, if they enjoy a demonstration, will recommend me to their other groups which is handy.
On Thursday I will  be demonstrating to the Acorn Art Group - a still life in pastel.

My plans to do sketches of the Cajun Dawgs and dancers hasn't really progressed yet but I am using some photos I took of another band, the Wakin' Snakes, at The Star in Eastbourne, to produce this painting - work in progress. It's lacking that element of movement at the moment and needs a lot more work but I'm pleased with the colours, different to my usual palette.










No comments:

Post a Comment

feedback...