5 Oct 2012

If this is Thursday, it must be Warsash

Well, what a lovely bunch of people they are in the Warsash Art Group. I gave a demonstration to them last night of how I paint moving fish in acrylics and mixed media and they were all very appreciative and complemetary.

Jim  came with me to do the driving, as it was near on 100 mile drive, for which I was incredibly grateful because motorway driving isn't exactly my thing and we got lost as we left the motorway. I managed to stay relatively calm as I watched my setting up minutes ticking away, until a car suddenly pulled out in front of us and Jim had to brake sharply, sending my paints and paintings flying. Just a couple of minutes later we arrived at the hall and I walked in, feeling terribly flustered,  to be warmly greeted by most of the members of the committee which instantly put me at ease again.

The demo went well, the preparation I did while stewarding at the Gallery on Wednesday helped greatly because watching me fill in each individual shape in the background would have been as interesting as watching paint dry. I was quite pleased with the picture I ended up with but, with quarter of an hour to go, I had got to the stage where I really need to take it off the board and curl up on the sofa with it on my lap in front of an episode of Hollyoaks, which doesn't really work in front of an audience when you're being videoed and have a clip mic on... and where there's no sofa. But questions from the audience and bit more of me talking about myself, filled the gap.

Having had his half a shandy and packet of cheese and onion crisps at the local pub while watching football on the big screen, Jim returned to help me pack up and we wended our way home once more, eating our picnic of sausages, quiche, salad and redbush tea. Rock and roll!
Next October booking is Bexhill then Worthing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feedback...